Testosterone, a male hormone plays an important role in every man’s life and health. This hormone is the reason for all the strength, stamina, performance and development in men.
Indeed, testosterone shapes a guy’s physical and sexual life. The hormone is responsible for your mass muscle growth to the sperm’s quality and quality.
Before we look at various ways to keep testosterone healthy, let’s understand the hormone a bit.
What Is Testosterone?
Testosterone is a hormone usually associated with men. It is a known fact that this hormone is responsible for male’s sex drive.
What are the other functions of testosterone? This hormone is produced in testicles by Leydig cells.
The process of fertility in men is called spermatogenesis, a terminology that describes the development of mature sperm.
This process requires testosterone to develop germ cells beyond meiosis commonly known as reproductive cell division.
The other functions of testosterone are maintaining bone mass, fat distribution, develop muscle size, strength and produce red blood cells.
You need to maintain testosterone for a healthy life. But know whether your testosterone levels are normal?
Below are the various signs and symptoms of lower testosterone. If you are suffering from one of these signs, then we suggest changing some habits. After this section, we have causes that can guide with reasons for lower testosterone.
Below are the signs that you were looking:
Mood swings, yes you read it right. You can experience mood changes due to hormonal imbalance.
This might keep you angry, sad, upset, disappointed, happy or any emotion at various time duration.
Testosterone plays a vital role in hair growth in men. If you are experiencing hair loss, you should definitely get your testosterone levels checked.
Though hair loss can cause for various reasons, lower testosterone levels can be one of them.
Erectile Dysfunction is a major sign of low testosterone. Erectile dysfunction is the inability to develop or maintain an erection of the penis. This can lead to a decrease in sex drive.
Due to unhealthy lifestyle and eating habits, there are chances of ED to affect men. On the other hand, it can also cause Premature Ejaculation, Impotence and decreases sexual stamina.
There is also a decrease in semen which can become a problem if you are planning a family. Since testosterone plays a significant role in muscle development and strengthening, there is a visible decrease in muscle mass too.
The decrease in semen quality and quality can affect negatively to men both physically and mentally.
Osteoporosis, loss of bone mass is another evil of low testosterone level. Testosterone helps in fat distribution, so when there are low male hormone levels, there is an increase in body weight.
These are some of the sign and symptoms that gives evidence of lower testosterone levels. As discussed, let’s take a look on various causes of low testosterone.
- Excess Stress
- A Chronic And Prolonged Illness
- Excess Alcohol Consumption
- Cancer Medications
- Kidney Failure
- Dysfunctional Pituitary Gland
- Excess Smoking
- Unhealthy Lifestyle
- Fatty Food Intake
- Lesser Healthy Diet
- Type-2 Diabetes
These are some of the causes of reduced testosterone levels. While you must have started getting panic while reading some of the signs and causes, let me help you. Below are some of the ways that you can increase testosterone hormone.
Ways To Increase Testosterone
One must always consult a doctor before taking any medications. We have some home remedies you can try to increase testosterone levels with proper medications.
- Weight Loss
- Short yet high-intensity workouts have proven to increase testosterone levels. These exercises also help maintain the hormone levels.
- Decrease or completely stop sugar intake. Sugar increases your insulin level which in turn decreases the testosterone levels.
- Increase intake of mono and polyunsaturated fats in your diet. These help increase levels of the hormone. The mono and polyunsaturated fats are easily found in nuts, avocados, fatty fish, and flaxseeds.
- Eating the right food is very important. Especially those who are rich in zinc. Zinc can be found in sea meat like lobsters and oysters. You can try taking zinc supplements.
- Incorporate the intake of Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) in your routine. Research has proved that when BCAAs are consumed along with resistance training, it increases testosterone levels. These BCAAs are found in high-quality cheese and whey proteins.
A low level of testosterone is not a sign of you being less “manly”. It’s just a way of your body communicating you to take care of it.
Make a few lifestyle changes with help from your doctor and experience the new you. Though most of you might not consult a doctor to discuss sexual problems or capabilities, we suggest you consult once.
For a straight and simple, to set a healthy and natural sexual life again.